Sunday, August 4, 2013

SunCity Suites 3rd Anniversary: A trip to the Caribbean

Stage Set-up for SunCity Suites 3rd Anniversary Party (Photo from Rose Guevarra)
(Note: Another super late post)

SunCity Suites sure know how to throw an awesome party!

Last July 19, 2013, my hotel alma-mater had their Third SunCity Suites Anniversary and Clients' Appreciation Night. Among ALL the hotels in General Santos City, SunCity Suites is the ONLY hotel that celebrates this yearly event as a token of appreciation to their loyal clients.  They also award the top three corporate accounts and their top three government accounts.

I am proud to say that I was part of the SunCity Suites family before (actually, until now even if I resigned November last year) and  I can really say that once they have an event, it is really a must-see. I'm also glad that they contacted me to still be part of the event by getting me the Program Coordinator/Director.

Anyways, every year, SunCity Suites would really set a party theme and would against all odds decorate according to this theme. 

In 2011, we had a Black & White Anniversary Party. Check out my Facebook Photos here:https://www.facebook.com/kate.budke/media_setset=a.10150272783823077.353091.779273076&type=3 (Note: I was already 2 months pregnant here. ^_^)

Then, in 2012, we had this awesome Vegas-inspired Anniversary Party. Details! Details! Details! We surely had it all thanks to our awesome and creative Banquet Supervisor, Helbert Blanco. Check out this blogpost by my friend, Precious Carcillar: http://precognito.tumblr.com/post/27674326028/sun-city-suites-appreciation-night

Then, they up the ante again this year by bringing the Caribbean here in General Santos City. Check out these awesome pictures:
Yes, they brought the white sands to the City. Amazing noh?! (Photo by Phillip Pabelic)


Main Buffet Station (Photo by Rose Guevarra)

Stage Decor complete with surf boards and tropical background (Photo by Rose Guevarra)
My friend and SunCity Suites Front Office Supervisor, Rose Guevarra

My friend, Felie Mae Ferman, me, and Rose.
Rose, Donna Alvar of SCS Finance Department, and Me

Since it was a Caribbean pahtey, it was required to wear a Resort Chic attire. While most of the people wore maxi dresses and floral-printed shift dresses, I opted to wear a tie-dyed cover-up, my fave red shorts and my very comfy pink shoes. I decided to wear flats instead of heels because I know that I will be running here and there during the program proper as the Program Coordinator. ^_^

One thing to look forward to in a SunCity Suites Party is the amount of food that they are willing to feed you. I mean, they would really spend a lot just to provide you a lot of food options. Check this out:

The Main Course Buffet Station decorated with assorted tropical fruits. Cute huh?!

Sorry for the blurry photo. I just took this with my Galaxy Tab 2.0 camera


The Dessert and Sashimi Station

I've always been a dessert person (I do have a sweet tooth) so guess where can find me through out the night. Syempre, dito! Hahhaha

I've tried them all of course!


An extension of the Dessert Station, the Crepe and Brownie Station
 I love Crepes! I think I had 3 or 4 pieces all through the night. Hahahah

Here's the Pasta Station

More food! Appetizer Station

Aside from these, they also have the following stations:

* Hind Leg and Roasted Pig Station
* Grilling or Barbecue Station where you can get some lovely chicken and pork skewers
* Hot Coffee and Blended Coffee Station
* An Open Bar by Tanduay Distillers
* Another Open Bar with a variety of cocktails

Did I miss some? Hahhaha

Placing the food stations at different locations also gives the guests time to explore the area and the appreciate the set-up. Also, going around gives a chance for the guests to interact with other guests.


Here's Rose with the SM Retail Accounting People
Look at the details that they had at the entrance. The Tiki Heads and Surfboards really helped transformed the simple parking lot into a Caribbean paradise.


Rose with some of the Hotel Staff 
An entourage of beautiful and handsome Hotel staff will greet you at the entrance. They are also serving welcome drinks to the arriving guests.

My awesome boss, Mr. Phillip Pabelic. (Photo courtesy of his FB account)
Of course, this event won't be possible without the leadership of my awesome and beloved boss and the Resident Manager of SunCity Suites, Mr. Phillip Pabelic. Kudos to you sir!

Helbert Blanco, Phillip Pabelic and Romeo Rom (Photo is not mine. Credit goes to owner)
Congrats also to Bert for the awesome set-up (again), Chef Romeo for the yummy and unique food and Rose for the well-constructed program. 

I wasn't able to get a pictures of the top accounts so I'm just going to enumerate them to you:

Corporate Accounts:
1) Sagittarius Mines Inc.
2) SM Retail
3) SM Prime Holdings

Government Accounts:
1) National Irrigation Administration
2) Department of Interior and Local Government XII
3) Department of Agriculture XII

They also have Citation Awards for their partners:
* Phoenix Petroleum
* Tanduay Distillers
* Commission on Election

They also have some buwis-buhay entertainment: bartender-jugglers and fire dancers. Again, no pictures na naman.  So sad!

So, while all of these are happening, I am at the back of the stage directing the sounds, lights, videos and performers.

Lovin' the headsets. No need to shout and run just to give out instructions.
Too bad I was not able to take a lot of pictures during the event. ^_^ It was a really wonderful photo op. Sayang talaga! I was only able to take pics after the program na.

The last crepe that I ate that night

My fave Quesadillas and Nachos

Pasta Carbonara


Cheers to SunCity Suites and more power to you guys. See you again next year!

SunCity Suites Anniversary Party: It just keeps getting better every year.


0 comments:

Post a Comment